Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8 - unable able to search directory for users via CUPC

Shaun Bender
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We're running CUPS 8 w/ CUCM 7, the integration with CUPS and CUCM  is working. I can see the users that are in CUCM(using LDAP(Active Directory) sync).

I've created the "Application > CUPC > LDAP Profile Configuration" and I can see the correct users there, along with users here "User Management > End User"' in CUPS.

People can login fine via CUPC, however searching the directory for "users" are not showing anything, however I can search for my own username and that works---if I search using the username vs. a first or last name.

What could be a possible issue?

Thanks

Shaun

13 Replies 13

Shaun,

Did you solve this as I have same issue.

Many Thanks

No, not yet. I think it *might* be related to the CUPS version, I thought about changing out to the "latest".  However, everything that I've read shows that it should work with the current config/setup.

Let me know if you come across anything.

Thanks.

I have the latest release of CUPS, CUCM and CUPC

About to launch TAC Case

Cool .. if you would, let me know what you find out!

Thanks.

Simple fix.

I needed to put a search context into the LDAP profile.

However the documentation for CUPS 8 states that this is optional. Clearly NOT!

Hhmm .. interesting .. I have a "Search Content" ... and I see users in the "Users in Profile" section.

Still not able to search users from CUPC.

And this resolved your issue? Maybe you could send me a screen cap of your settings?

Thanks

I also have the same problem - CUPC 8 clients get an error on LDAP "Host/Network" Reports Server unavailable - CUPC 7 clients get a green check on LDAP and can do lookups - Same LDAP profile for both client versions

I do have a Search Context

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same thing here.  Please let me know.

Thanks.

Craig

Hey Craig,

I never got my issue resolved, however didn't spend too much time with it once I hit that road-block. BUT---I'll be looking into it more in about/roughly 20 days.

If you do find something out between then, let me know.

-Shaun

Hi,

I'm running:

CUPS  8.6.1.10000-34

Jabber for Mac 8.6.1 (18300)

and having weird issues with the LDAP search context.

If I do:

ou=group1,dc=example,dc=com

or

ou=group2,dc=example,dc=com

it works fine, but if I do this...

ou=group1,dc=example,dc=com#ou=group2,dc=example,dc=com

It doesn't work.

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks,

Shaun

Hi,

I am not using LDAP on cups 8.6.2, cupc 8.1.

I am having may be similar problem that I can't search the company directory to add user. however, I can add them manually and text them.

Is it a must for me to use LDAP for cups 8.6.2?

regards,

paul

Hi

Anyone find a solution to this problem, am facing the same problem,

we use cupc 8.5 cucm 7.15 integratred with AD, cannot search user , we can chat with with them if i add from the user page page but cannot call

regards

shabbar

Hi,

I have the same issue on some users, I have added the user in the LDAP profiles , see "Users in Profile" area.

Now it works fine

Franco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: