Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUPS Client Error

We recently moved to secure LDAP within our organization and I have made the appropriate changes on all of the call manager units, unity connection and presence. I have been able to verify functionality in everything and all necessary certificates are uploaded to all of the servers.

My problem is with the CUPC client. When I go to Help --> Show Server Health the Corporate directory (LDAP) shows the following:

Server Address: server1.pearl.k12.ms.us

Server Port: 3269

Server Protocol: ldap

I am using port 3269 as the machine I'm sending the ldap queries to is using secure LDAP and it is a Global Catalog server. Presence and Desk phone voice are both showing good in the Server Health window.

On my presence server, I can go to System --> Security --> Certificate Import Tool and plug in that information above using the tomcat trust store and it verifies connectivity. I can view the certificate chain and everything shows a green checkbox.

I'm at a loss at this point. CUPC Client version 8.5.3.19248-6.2.66. Presence System Version 8.5.3.10000-59

Thanks in advance

Kevin W. Knuckles

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

CUPS Client Error

Importing the certificate to the CUP server(s) only allows secure LDAP from the servers to your DCs. The CUPC client is separate from that and controlled by the CSF Certificate Directory setting. The certificate in that case must be present on the local PC (startup script). You may want to look at Enhanced Directory Integration as an alternative. This uses the native Windows APIs as the logged-on user to perform LDAP queries instead.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content