cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Current Cust Provided HW for Unity 3.1x

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

The existing CCO link for HW support at <br><br>http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/unco/un/prodlit/ucutp_st.htm<br><br>Does not include the new MCS and customer provided Compaq specs. Is there a newer doc? I need to go above <br>the old 1599 user limit for the Customer Provided DLs. Configurator passes the MCS7835 at 72 ports (mistake or new limits for the Compaq?). Any current info on this would be appreciated.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Phil<br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The CallManager application is basically an appliance where Unity is not. Because of the major differences in the characteristics of the two products not all servers will be supported with both.

The business unit that produces Unity it working on the Compaq DL-380 G2 qualification but it is not officially supported yet. Once it is supported the doc on CCO will be updated. For now I would stick to the numbers in the URL.

The numbers for a MCS7835 are the same as the ‘Compaq ProLiant-DL380’ section of the URL you posted. I am not familiar with the sale Configurator tool but I can tell you for sure that 72 ports are not supported on the MCS7835.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Keith,

Thanks for the week-end work here.

I don't want to play one resource on another, but basically one of our Cisco SE's is quoting the 60port UM config with the 7835 to a customer (the customer will provide their own DL in the end) but none the less I'll be implementing this one and need to make a recomendation. I'm sure the SE just went through Configurator on CCO like I did and found that it worked, probably didnt' check the release note (why would he, configurator should be right... most of the time).

I'm hoping you can give me a reccomendation. Keep in mind, I'm going to have to take what you tell me to our Cisco SE.... you might get a call from him at that point. Don't want to stir things up, but I've got to install this and if it's not officially supported then we need to change it over to the Dell (this customer is DIE-HARD Compaq!).

Anything you can add would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Phil

I understand. Email his name to me at kechambe@cisco.com please and I will contact him.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems