Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Custom ring problems

I am trying to create custom rings. Using MS Sound Recorder, I was able to save them as CCITT u-law, 8000kHz, 8bit, then renamed them to .raw. I added them to the xml list and they show up on the phone, but some files play whiles others do not. It says "Ring File Unavailable!" Any ideas why it won't play the files?

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Custom ring problems

Do you need to put the ringfile on the tftp server so that it is available to the phone? Or have you done that already?

I have already put the files in the tftp folder, as well as disabling and reenabling the TFTP server in CCM. I wonder if it just takes time for the phone to be able to play them? Now all the rings I put up before work and new ones do not. Is there a timing issue?

Silver

I would imagine its a caching issue. I believe theres a TFTP setting that defines whether files are cached at startup or not. It probably refreshes the cache at interval?

If you haven't seen this yet, here's a page describing the ringlist:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c2fa1.html

Hi,

I have the same problem. I Update from CCM 3.2.2c to 3.3.3 and some custom rings are no longer available on the phone. The Ringlist.xml is o.k also the .raw file is in the TFTP Folder.

You also need to go to Call Manager Serviceability page then tools and stop and start your TFTP service on each server.

I have some not working on my phone, however they work on other phones which I can not figure out.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content