Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Custom Ring Tones

I know this is fluff, but I have been asked if there is a way to create custom ring tones from wav files. I tried to follow the Cisco doc on this, but they all sound terrible. anyone had any success with this?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Custom Ring Tones

I think we have had good success doing this. It may be the program you are using to convert the files. We used cool edit is a shareware program you can get from download.com or something like that.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Where are the documentation about custom ring tones in cisco???

Cisco Employee

Cool Edit is a really good way to go - it's easy to use and cofigure to create the ring files - I can pretty much turn out a custom ring file in about 5 minutes from start to finish once I have the sound. If you need help - please feel free to contact me.

Thanks and happy ringing!

Gerri

I ha dused some other audio package with success in the past - but since i forgot what it ws s- I tried cooledit - I can' figure out how to set all the right values - I can get the 8-bit and 8000 samples set - but the whole thing still sounds like gibbersih - anyone got a couple 1-5 step lists on creating them?

- ken

Views
Helpful
Replies