cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

custom ring types

josephhancock
Level 1
Level 1

is there a ulaw/alaw encoder that i can download from cisco. I know like they have cue for autoattendants but looking for something to make some custom rings.

already have everything in place just need to be able to make the files.

3 Replies 3

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Joseph:

I am not sure if Cisco has partnered with any third parties, but we use Gold Wave.

They have a free evaluation download at http://www.goldwave.com

Use properties PCM, 16 bit, mono.

Load this file into the TFTPPath directory on the publisher.

Modify the RingList.xml file in TFTPPath to include the new ring tone.

Restart TFTP service of the publisher.

This should provide the new ring tone in the standard ring list for your users.

Note: Be sure to test it on all phone types in your cluster as we have had to perform some fine tuning on the duration, audio file length, etc.

Hope that helps.

Tom

now a few questions that I know u probably ran into in the beinging. looking at my flash directory I see files ( example hailking.ulaw.raw) is the ulaw user defined or converted like that? when i pull the files off the flash they show up with a adobe photoshop icon.

update I have had the ring type in the selection list. but when i select it or try to play it on the 7940 phones it is telling me ring file unavailable. any thoughts on that? the ringlist.xml has been edited and the rockytop.raw file has been added to the directory. At first i though about the 8000 samples per second and the max being 16000 samples. so i pulled a working raw file off the server and cut down rockytop to match it making it about 6 seconds long. still getting file unavailable message.

Most likely when Photoshop was installed the default file types were associated with the app - files with the .raw extension are associated with the Adobe application, therefore tagging them with the icon. You can change this in the advanced settings - preferences of Photoshop. It should not inhibit the process of creating/modifying a ring tone.

Be sure to restart tftp after modifying the ring list xml file.

Here's the official procedure for creating a new ring type in CME from the TAC case collection:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K51539271

Hope that sheds some light.