Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Softkeys for Directory/missed calls and received calls

Hi,

is it possible to modify the softkeys in the Directory menu under missed calls and received calls on the IP phone. As many enterprise implementation of the Call Manager, users need to dial '9' first when they want to reach the PSTN. Missed calls and received calls that was coming from the PSTN are displayed in the 10 digits format (NPA NXX XXXX). After selecting which number the user want to call back, if the user press the softkey 'dial', the call fail, because the exit code '9' is missing. In fact, an IP phone of a user ring because the Call Manager take only the first 4 digits and finds a match for an IP phone extension number. The right way to avoid that is to press the 'Edit Dial' softkey and add the '9' and then press the 'Dial' softkey.

What we want to do is to offer to the user a softkey called '9+Dial' and another softkey called '9+1+dial'. The '9+dial' will prefix the 9 automatically before sending the dialed number to the Call Manager. Same logic for the '9+1+Dial' for the long distance calls.

Pascal

4 Replies 4

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Why don't you just prefix the 9 on incoming calls. That way in the Missed and Received Calls you will have the 9.

If you are using H.323 do the following:

Configure a translation rule on the gw to prepend the 9 in the calling party number:

translation-rule 1 <-----

Rule 1 ^0.% 90

Rule 2 ^1.% 91

Rule 3 ^2.% 92

Rule 4 ^3.% 93

Rule 5 ^4.% 94

Rule 6 ^5.% 95

Rule 7 ^6.% 96

Rule 8 ^7.% 97

Rule 9 ^8.% 98

Rule 10 ^9.% 99

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

Translate outgoing calling 1 <-------

Destination-pattern 4...

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

If you are using MGCP:

-Create a partition called "Incoming_Translate" and a CSS of "CSS_Incoming_Translate".

-Create a translation pattern that matches user DN's on the system. It can be all x's for simplicity.

-Set the 'Calling Party Transfomations', Prefix Digits to the access code. i.e. 9 (Note: a 1 may be needed for Long distance calls) -Set the partition to "Incoming_Translate"

-Set the CSS to a CSS that can find the phone DN's -On the GW, set the CSS to "CSS_Incoming_Translate"

Hello!

We still have a similar problem with MGCP and leading zero's in Europe. With H.323 this can be resolved by adding a "translate-outgoing calling 2" under the dial-peer voice XXX voip but how can this be done with MGCP. There is no way I can think of how CCM can distinguish between subcriber, national and international.

Any ideas or hints.

Thanks!

-Markus

Hi the Berbee guy,

sorry your name doesn't appear on your answer.

We have an MGCP gateway, and we plan to do exactly what you propose. But in our mind it's just a workaround. This techniques adds unecessary to the Call Manager for every calls coming from the PSTN. I don't know exactly if this loads can be substantial (if someone know please tell me). With the technique of offering to the user special dial key '9+dial' and '9+1+dial' no extra load is added to the Call Manager. In fact an IP phone is intelligent so why not use this intelligence.

It will also be difficult to detect if a call coming in the Call Manager is a long distance call, an international call or just a local call. Then if we just add 9 to the caller id number, the user will still have to do edit dial for long distance and international call.

So I am still asking the same question. Can we modify the softkeys in the missed and received calls menus?

Thanks in advance.

Pascal

I don't believe so. Not until Cisoc gives developers full access to the AXL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: