cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom speed dialer service - how to dial the phone? CiscoIPPhoneExecute?

inertia
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CiscoIPPhoneInput page that accepts a numeric code - it submits to a page that pulls the appropriate phone number to dial out of a database. Once I've looked up the number, how can I get the phone to dial it?

CiscoIPPhoneExecute seems like it might be what I need, but I can't very well POST back to "http://.../cgi/Execute" at that point.

6 Replies 6

inertia
Level 1
Level 1

I sure wish there was an IP phone application-type forum here to make these kinds of issues stand out more.

Surely someone knows the answer!?

I do have a good ASP application to work as an Speed Dial.

If you wanna i can send it to you by mail.

Regards,

Joao Vitor

Hi Joao Vitor,

Can I get a copy as well please?

Many thanks

Marina

kmarina@il.ibm.com

Please send a copy to me as well. mailto:edward_b_lovell@fanniemae.com

Could I also Get a Copy. Thanks in Advance.

tim.redpath@metavante.com

w.potter
Level 1
Level 1

What I would do is display a page with the number on so the user can check it before it's dialed then press a softkey to dial the number

The following will dial 1009 if the first softkey is pressed or allow you to edit 1009 before you dial if you press the second softkey

Results

Options

Dial

Dial:1009

EditDial

EditDial:1009

Exit

SoftKey:Exit

If your using asp then all you would do is replace 1009 with <%=Response.write(strNumber)%> where the strNumber variable contains the number from the database that you want to dial.

<%

strNumber="1009"

%>

Results

Options

<%=Response.Write(strNumber)%>

Dial

Dial:<%=Response.Write(strNumber)%>

EditDial

EditDial:<%=Response.Write(strNumber)%>

Exit

SoftKey:Exit

Wes

P.s. i haven't tried the above code it was typed from memory with no phone to test it on, I apologise if there are any XML Parser errors