Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Custom TCL Script with Dial-by-Name Functionality....Possible?

OK. Let's rellay take this tech to the limit. Does anybody know of any work that can be done to customize a TCL script to provide dial-by-name funtionality? I have a script acting as an AA and routing to either a legacy phone system or Call Manager based on dial-peers that correspond to what the caller enters. This allows me to get original calling party caller ID information to both a legacy phone system AND Call Manager at the same time. I have seen many posts about trying to combine the two and this is one way to do it. Typically what I have seen is that if you use either a legacy phone system or CM as the front-end AA when calls need to get over to the other system you tend to lose the original calling party caller ID. Now, in order to fully intergratge both systems, I need the caller to not only be given a choice of inputting an extension from the TCL script but also if they know the name but not the extension I need a TCL script that will allow me to load a list on the router and match up extensions based on callers spelling out a name on the keypad in much the same way that a hardware PBX allows a caller to do. Any ttakers? Thanks in advance!!!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Custom TCL Script with Dial-by-Name Functionality....Possibl

I think the cisco's Developer program support would be of some help to you.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/3_1/tapi/tap_pref.htm#xtocid16

Re: Custom TCL Script with Dial-by-Name Functionality....Possibl

Right you are my friend. That was the way to go. I have been in touch with them since shortly after I posted the question. Stay tuned for my next one. It's a doozie!!

Views
Helpful
Replies