cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customer phone number (cli)

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know whether when a caller witholds their number, if there is any way to get this information populated in the "customerphonenumber" field?

Obviously there are data protection issues to overcome, but if withheld numbers (or the last 4 digits say) were encrypted with an always unique encryption method, it would allow for analysis on whether e.g. unsuccessful callers called back etc

I'm sure the callers number is held somewhere in order for the ICM platform to be able to route it correctly

1 Reply 1

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I believe when a caller witholds his number, the number is blocked at his survice provider itself, so in effect the call received by ICM or any other system for that matter has no way to find what the caller id is.

I am not exactly sure how the caller ID is blocked at the Service Provider, I thought they didnt send any information at all. But if in case they are using some encrypted valve, then may be we can do something. Please let me know if you know for sure that the SPs use this method.

thanks,

Aslam.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: