Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Customer's on hold get muted when receptionist returns to call

Our receptionists will pickup extension 7926 line 1. A second call will come in at 7926 line 2. She puts 7926 line 1 on hold to talk to 7926 line 2. When she is finished with 7926 line 2 she then goes back to 7926 line 1...pretty normal right?

The problem is that the receptionist gets permanently muted when going back to 7926 line 1. She can hear the customer but the customer cannot hear her. The worst part is that IT DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME...INTERMITTANT.

I am at a loss because we experience this issue about 3 months ago and installed a patch that supposedly took care of this issue. I would appreciate anyone’s take on this. Your help is greatly needed.

I am running CMC 4.0

Extension 7926 is located on 6 different 7960 model phones. Each of the 6 phones has extension 7926 Partitions line1, 2, and 3.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Customer's on hold get muted when receptionist returns to ca

Hi,

For a test call, get detailed CallManager traces. This might help find the problem. If this is happening all the time, you can make a test call during after hours and catpure the traces. Record the Calling and Called Numbers and the timestamp so we can trace the call.

Regards,

Srikanth

Cisco Employee

Re: Customer's on hold get muted when receptionist returns to ca

As well as a detailed CCM trace you may want to get a sniffer trace from the phone & the GW, I am assuming this is a GW call. In the CCM traces you will need to look for the audiosetup between the GW & the ip phone after the call is taken off hold. From the phone you will see a Open Receive channel set to the phone & it should respond back with a OpenReceiveChannelAck, this will include the the port & IP that the GW needs to transmit to. Then you will see & Start Media Transmission to the phone, the phone will start transmitting to this IP & port. You will see similar messaging between the GW & the CCM. You need to ensure that the ports & IP addresses match ont he transmit & receive. if all this is good then you need to look at GW config or routing issues. Make sure you have the h.323 or MGCP bind commands in the GW.

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies