Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Customer Service line Hunting

Hi, recently purchase some 10 units of 7941 for use by our CS team.

We have a dedicated DID number to dial to this team.

However, our customer requires that when customer call the main number, all available 10 CS team members phone will ring simultanously, and when the CS officer picks the call, customer 2 should still be able to call the main line, and rings all idle to available CS team.

How can I do this? can it be done?

3 REPLIES

Re: Customer Service line Hunting

What Callmanager version are you running. In 4.x version and up, you can set up broadcast hunt groups. A hunt pilot (main number) is configured that in turn hunts between individual directory numbers. You can set the hunt type to top down, circular, longest idle or broadcast. Setting it to broadcast rings all numbers at same time.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

I'm using CM 4.1. I did some simulation, not sure if I've configured it correctly. I have this main number tie to the hunt pilot, example 123456. When customer A dials this number, the 10 phones each with different DN rings at the same time, DN 001 picks up the call. However when customer B dials the same main number, will it be engaged? or will the rest of the available 9 phones be ringing at the same time?

first call comes, all 12 rings, 1st phone picks up (say)

second call comes, remaining 11 rings...and so on..

Views
Helpful
Replies