Views
Helpful
Replies

Customers & Partitioning

anand.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a doubt. I have multiple customers on a single partition of ICM. For Reporting purposes i need to give access to the Webview Server to the customers.

i need to restrict the permission to customer so that each customer has access to only his real time & historical data & not others. Is this possible without partitioning the server ? If yes could you please brief me about the procedure ?

Another doubt is What is the difference between a customer & a business entitiy ?

4 Replies 4

Thunderbird1
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same issues. The short answer is no because SQL user security rights allow access to the complete tables and not individual rows.

If you want to use Webview to view/edit scripts you cant in a partitioned instance.

Check out the Security Guide for definitions on a Business entity. There is a limit of 5 per instance. Theoretically you can have multiple cusomers per Business Entity. If you do want to partition your instance then you will have to rebuild it from scratch. Partitioning serves a purpose but it can be difficult to manage in a large enterpise and there are some outstanding issues with it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Suppose i have 15 customers how do i isolate them ? Do I install multiple instances or install multiple partitions ? Or is an instance & a partition the same ?

The only way to adequately isolate 15 customers is have 15 instances, In the UK there is a product produced by exony that may help checkout http://www.exony.com

Regards

Jason

Hi,

For Reporting, we can now use CUIS (Cisco Unfiied Intelligence Suite) and provide customers restricted acess to see reports for specific call types, skill groups...

For Administration access, we can use Management Portal and provide restricted access for customers using a web interface.

Still one limitation, it's for Outbound Dialer partitioning, we must use applications like Exony.

With the next UCCE version 8.5, we don't need partitioning solutions like Exony since the Dialer is multi-tenant and it allows 10 customers per Dialer.