cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizing/Creating work state

jermaine-reid
Level 1
Level 1

After an agent completes a call the agent is automatically placed into a work state which is fine. Is there any way to 1. Have a reason code assoiciated with the work state which would allow me to report against the type of call the agent is working on and 2. Define a specific amount of time that an agent will be removed from the work state and placed in a ready state? I am running enhanced 3.0(3).

Thanks

1 Reply 1

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

1. Reply:

This data is available but will take special consideration to build a Custom Report.

The Agent State transitions are all in the DB_CRA DB in the AgentStateDetail table. The event transition and eventDateTime are stored there.

This is an excerpt from a note that I wrote regarding another customer that was pursuing the same thing. Take a look at this and at the Schema Doc and let me know if you have questions.

What I've been able to determine is that there are state transitions that are performed by the system that impact this data. For example every time an Agent goes RNA, they will get transitioned to Not Ready with No Reason Code.

Or

An Agent is Not Ready with a Reason Code of Lunch.

They receive an ICD Call by way of transfer from another agent on their ICD line. This case will transition them from Not Ready Lunch -> Reserved -> Not Ready No Reason Code.

The following is a matrix of Valid Transitions, along with some notes, that should allow you to properly report on this data.

adignan@berbee.com for this matrix>

This matrix represents the state transitions that are "legal". We can expect to see all transitions that begin with a 'Y'. If the transition shows YR, it means that it should show a Reason Code. If it starts with N we shouldn't see a Reason Code. There are several cases where a transition that is "legal" CAN have a Reason Code, but will NOT have one (YNR).

For example, we can assume that a transition from Reserved to Not Ready with no Reason Code means the Agent didn't answer an ICD call OR they received an ICD transfer.

Summary:

Any time we transition to a Not Ready with NO Reason Code, we must defer to the preceding Not Ready state with a valid Reason Code, unless the preceding state was Log In. This will allow the reporting to reflect the Agent input Reason Code for the amount of time they left themselves in that state, until they explicitly took themselves out by choice.

2. This will be possible with CRS 4.0.

adignan - berbee