cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cutoff/clipped messages

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Whenever people from outside call certain phones in our buildings and try to leave a message, it seems as if Unity is cutting them short and just dropping the call - i.e. Unity just hangs up on them. I have had a few calls from people telling me that Unity tells them they are "out of time," but most tell me that it just hangs up. Of course, this is happening on two of our most important lines, both of which are ISDN. Is there anything I can do to solve this? It's not every call, but it's a vast majority of them on the same phones - mostly ISDN.<br><br>Unity 3.1(2), separate Exchange 2000 box, dual switch integration with CM 3.1 and SMDI. <br><br>

2 Replies 2

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the issues of cut off messages related to calls coming into the Call Manager or PBX? What does the message sound like? Does it sound like the call is terminated mid-stream? This one may require some more information and possibly a ccm trace if it is coming through the Call Manager. Unity will not terminate a call unless it detects silence. So if the messages that are left are not actually recorded, it is possible that Unity is not detecting the audio stream and terminating the call. There is no easy fix to this one. Might have to open a TAC case to get all the necessary info to troubleshoot this.

Jeff Schlesser
Unified Voice Technical Lead
San Jose TAC

Not applicable

Just as a followup:

The calls are coming in through the PBX. Yes, the calls are being recorded, and it sounds like the calls are just being terminated mid-stream. Most of them are cutoff after 30 seconds, but the point of the cutoff can vary from 5 seconds into the message up to 1 minute.

I'll go ahead and open a TAC case then, and see if we can get to the bottom of this...

TMH