cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVOICE Exam!!

ajohn1976
Level 1
Level 1

Passed the 642-432 exam today. I also passed the 642-642 (QoS) exam 3 months ago. I have to say that the cvoice exam was far more difficult than the QoS exam. I think the major reason was because I relied solely on the outdated CVOICE book (ISBN 1-57870-227-5). If any one is planning to take this exam, I will strongly recommend other resources like Cisco's website. The only problem that I see is, you have to really dig around. Good Luck all!!!!!

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Congratulations, way to go!

Hopefully you get the CCVP soon.

vasantmpatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am about to take my CCVP exam CVOICE. Can you give me some overview of the exams since you recently passed it ? what do you think i should pay more attention on ? how many simulaltion questions you had ? what kind ? any advice on this exam would be very helpful. and your response is very much appreciated.

Thanks

VMP

I had one simulation question and that was to configure dial peers end to end. Focus lots on the various VOIP protocols, i.e. SIP, H323 and MGCP and also be sure that you know digit manipulation when you configure dial peers. I was also surprised to see several GW/GK questions on the exam. If you look at the recommended reading, GW/GK is not covered at all. So you need to get some outside reading.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: