cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cycle through MOH sources.

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that use to have a CD player connected to their PBX system which has several MOH selections that they cycle through continually. I have converted the files into Call Manager and tested the streams. I now need to cycle through them one by one, when one file is done playing I need it to move to the second one in a circular fashion. I was going to use the built in CD player but my MCS 7815 does not have a sound card. Is there a way to do this using the audio sources of CCM?

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Currently we support the following sound cards:

- SoundBlaster 16 PCI

- AOpen AW840

- Telex USB sound card

I hope you find this info helpful

Gonzalo

So is there anyway to do this without using a soundcard / CD player? I would like to not use a CD and simply run them as files from the server.

I'm sure someone with immensly more knowledge than I could trump me at any second, but I don't think so. From what I understand, if you want a continual selection of multiple songs to play, you either need to:

a. use an external audio source fed into a line in on an audio card in the CM

b. mix all of the songs you are interested in playing with some 3rd party software (of course, don't install this on the CM)

c. just stick with one audio file

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

Usually CallManager installation comes with the "Music Selection for Music On Hold" CD, which containes some non-Copyrighted (or Coryrighted by the Cisco) music files. Basically you can convert any music file or announcement to the PCM/16KHz file, and copy to the "C:\Program Files\Cisco\MOH\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere" directory on your CallManager, and they will be converted to appropriate codecs automatically. If you want to use more than one song in the cycle, just use an audio editor to combine several music files before placing them to the directory.

Then you create a new "Music On Hold Audio Source", and create a new source. Then select a new file from the dropdown list, and save it. Later you can specify which MOH source you want to use for a specific phone.

Good luck,

Michael Shavrov

www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: