cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

D16/SC

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

Is the above ISA board supported in 3.0<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
4 Replies 4

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3.0 does not support any ISA voice boards. Here is a list of supported boards...
D/41E-PCI
D/120JCT-LS
D/120JCT Euro
D/240PCI-T1 – NEC NEAX 2400 only
-Eric

Not applicable

I have been trying to determine what board to get for our Nec 2000 system, and had actually ordered the D/240PCI-T1 when I stumbled across this post. There is NO DATA on what boards to use on Cisco that stated this should not be used for Nec 2000. I can not tell you how frustrating this is!

We want to purchase a card that will enable us to use more than 12 ports. Is there any chance that you will be testing additional cards in the very near future. We have been stuck delaying our entire migration waiting for this product, and now we may have to delay again.

I don't mean to vent on you, but I usually think of Cisco as being a good company when it comes to documenation and support, but I have found Unity 3.x stuff (apart from this forum) to be one headache after another! I can not afford to have incomplete information, such as http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity30/inst/inst301/inst_a.htm. It will cost my company thousands of dollars.

Sorry again for the vent, but this is extremely frustrating and time consuming!

m

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree the documentation tends to be difficult to follow at times. Although everything is documented in-depth somewhere, it's not always easy to know where to look. However, I did a quick search on CCO for "D/240PCI-T1" and came up with the Cisco Unity 3.0 System Requirements, and Supported Hardware and Software. Check out the Traditional Phone System section... www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/sysreq/30_sysrq.htm#xtocid1752714 A day late and a dollar short but I think this is what you needed. Just don't ask me why the D120-EURO board isn't listed for the NEAX2000. I assume this is a glitch.

To answer your other question, there are no plans to add higher density boards. The D120 is the best you can expect to see for the NEAX2000. In case you were wondering, the T1 board is not offered for the NEAX2000 due to a limitation of the PBX. Unlike the larger 2400, the 2000 does not allow its T1 channels to be configured as stations, i.e. line-side T1. This means there is no way to get the MCI serial integration for calls on T1 lines.

-Eric

Not applicable

Thanks. Did not mean to take out my frustration on you guys here, which are a Godsend!