Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dail Peer Question

Hello.

I would like to link 2 PBX's using voice over frame. Basically I would like the frame connection to act as a tie line I have set up a trunk connecton but I am a little confused on how to set up the dial peers. How can I set it up so the router will pass all digits and when a user selects selects the tie trunk group on one PBX they will get dial tone from the other.

Thanks in advance

Wil

2 REPLIES

Re: Dail Peer Question

WIll,

This is easy to do by setting up the T1 controllers for one time slot per ds0. Then the routers nail up TRUNKS over the WAN. These TRUNKS now act like tie-lines that will TX/RX signalling and voice calls over the links without interperting the signalling. The PBX can then signal over the WAN trunks just as if they were telephony tie lines. If you have a proprietary CCS like DCS+, then there will be one trunks that is the signalling channel, so it must have a clear channel codec for this. Read this URL as it talks aobut doing this as VOFR, or VoIP over FR links.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a96c1.shtml

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Dail Peer Question

thanks for your response. this looks to be what I would like to do. I will let you know if I encounter any problems

Will

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content