cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Dips with Oracle

cpi
Level 1
Level 1

For the last couple of months I have been trying write something (ivr app, ICM script, java script) that will pull information from an Oracle DB. Well it seems to me that IPCC only supports MS SQL server.

Has any one sucessfully been able to pass data coming from an Oracle DB to an ICM variable.

CCM 3.1.4b

ICM 4.1.2a

IVR 2.2.3b

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

r.siddappa
Level 1
Level 1

whats the problem you are facing. I am guessing it might be a problem with your DBC driver.

Raj.

Well I set up an ODBC connection through the IP-IVR but I can't query a view.

The latest CRS supports Oracle, and as you say you have a proper ODBC connection, can you tell us what is your database subsystem status on the CRS.

Secondly if the subsystem is running, what do you get when you use the DBREAD step in CRS.

Aslam.

IVR does not support Oracle views. It has to be an actual table that you query. Also, depending on which version of Oracle you are running, you may have issues. If you are trying to connect to an Oracle 7 database, you will have to use the Oracle 8 ODBC driver for it to work. Hope this helps.

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

We had an issue a while ago since the number of tables in the database was too large for the ODBC connector to handle and the IP-IVR would just hang in the viewer.

To overcome this I used JDBC from the java bean interface of the IVR and that worded fine

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

IP IVR doesnot support views. You have to built custom steps in java to access these views and use these steps in IVR Script.

l.mewshaw
Level 1
Level 1

David,

We have done it with several icm systems using the socket-based application gateway. It talks to a piece of middleware that listens for the request from ICM, queries the Oracle DB, then returns the results to ICM. Email me if you would like a more detailed description at lmewshaw@simplicti.com

Lee