cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Access with Cisco IVR Application Editor

jrlance
Level 1
Level 1

I have not been able to get the Cisco IVR Application Editor to successfully execute even the simplest SQL query to a datasource. I have set up both a SQL 7.0 datasource (Northwind) and an Access datasource. The Application Editor shows both data sources in the DBRead dropdown. However, only the tables in the Access database appear on the Show All Fields (select table) drop down. When the Northwind datasource is selected the dropdown shows MS_replicationoptions, and spt_* tables. When I Test the SQL the number of returned rows is always "0". All I ever get is an SQL Error for the DBRead command. Both datasources are configured and appear in the Application Administrator Enterprise Database Subsystem Configuration list of Data Sources and check out OK when tested with other applications. Neither one has a password associated with it.

8 Replies 8

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The MS_replicationoptions and spt_* tables are part of the "master" database in SQL 7.0.

You can either select the Northwind database name in the SQL query in the IVR script step, or if you want, in the ODBC Data Source configuration on the IVR appliation server you could change the default database in the DSN configuration.

The default database is set to the database Northwind in the ODBC Data Source configuration and I still get the same options in the select table dropdown. Here is the SQL command: "SELECT Region.RegionID from Region where Region.RegionID = 1" and I get zero records returned. Why do the MS Access tables appear but not the SQL 7.0 tables? Why are the "master" tables appearing at all? Why don't I get any records returned?

If the DSN in ODBC Control Panel was ever using the default database of master for the SQL 7.0 DSN, then I have found you have to delete the Data Source and recreate it with the default database Northwind.

Then in the SQL command, try:

use Northwind select region.regionid from region where region.regionid=1

I have also found that even when the default database is selected in the ODBC Data Source that you still have to have the use command to specify it.

Finally, we are making some progress. I made the changes you suggested and when I tested the SQL query I got one record returned. I had to Stop and Start the Engine in order to get the tables to appear. BTW, the Access database still gives me zero records returned, even with your suggested changes. Does Access support the "Use Database" SQL command?

Good question, I have never tried to use Access as my data source, only SQL server. So I'm not sure what works and what doesn't with that.

Is there a way to have text fields returned by a query read by the system using the Voice Output function? The Voice output will read numbers but not text.

Currently you can only have it spell the text letter by letter. In a future version there will be some TTS (text to speech) and speech recognition capabilities, so I am assuming that this simple task of reading some text should be possible.

I don't have any dates on when this version will be available or what the exact capabilities will be, but if you contact your Cisco account representative, they can find out this information for you.

Can you please tell me how can I connect to Oracle database? I am using IPIVR 2.1.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: