Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Database Connection Timeout between Servers on Voice and Data Vlans

I came across a problem related to the database connection on our IPIVR system. Our IPIVR server is placed on the voice vlan together with other IP phone and voice mail servers while a database server is placed on the data vlan. These servers are all connected to the same 6509 switch. The voice vlan is configured as the auxiliary vlan. On the IPIVR system, a call flow was deveoped with an option of accessing the database server for data retrieval. Also a router is connected in the data vlan on the same switch. The router has subinterfaces configured for both data and voice vlans.

The IPIVR server's gateway points to the router's voice interface IP address while the database server's gateway points to the router's data interface IP address.

The problem I met was that timeout always occurred when the IPIVR server was trying to access the database server.

After futher investigation, this situation also happened even using the "ping" command on the IPIVR to ping the database server.

Could anyone tell me the way to solve the above problem?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Database Connection Timeout between Servers on Voice and Dat

I suspect the connectivity problems. If the IVR server is not able to ping the Database server, this means, its the routing thats not happening between VLans. Did you verify if the phones within the Voice Vlan are able to talk to each other without the help of servers in Data VLans. If so, I feel you need to verify your configurations. Did you check for the encapsulation on both the interfaces connecting to different vlans?

For more information on the configurations, please refer to:

Configuring Routing Between VLANs with IEEE 802.1Q Encapsulation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca804.html#1003419

Configuring Voice VLAN

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c6f40.html

Views
Helpful
Replies