Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Database Export Problems

Currently running Unity 2.4.6(135) on Windows 2K SP2, MDAC 2.7 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 in a Unified Messaging setup. There are no users' mailboxes on the Unity server.

We are in the process of upgrading to Unity 4.0(2) and Exchange 2K. I have run the directory walker and now I am trying to run the database export tool from the Unity 4.0.2 disk. After browsing to the location where I will store the database and the log file I click start and the program ends with an error. Run Time error '70' Permission denied.

The account I am running this under is the Unity installer account from the 2.4.6 install. I have also tried it with another account that has the default administrator COS with no luck.

Any ideas,

TIA

Jamie

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Database Export Problems

The account that's associated with AvCsMgr is the one you want to be running it as (this is usually the installer account but not necessarily). Also, the permission denied may be related to file access, not DOH access. If you pop open the log iteself the error should be listed in there in some context - if you post the full log here (assuming it's not too big since it fails right away) it might give me a clue.

I am running under the account that owns the AvCsMgr service. The log file never gets created as the process fails right away. As for file access I am exporting the database to a local directory that has the default permissions of Everybody.

Cisco Employee

What version of FullDBExport are you running (fromt he help | about box)?

If it's failing right away it's probably failing to open the log file... Where are you trying to park it?

Version 4.0 build 6. I am trying to park the database and the log file into a local directory on the Unity server.

Cisco Employee

"a local directroy" could be a lot of places - try sticking it in it's default location off the c:\ drive as a test to be sure there's not something funky going on there. If the log didn't get created that's almost certainly the source of the error - I promise this tool isn't just flat out broken - it's been used hundreds upon hundreds of times in the field so I'm quite certain there isn't a fundamental problem right out of the chute that you're just the first to notice.

Same error when trying to save the data and logs to the default locations. Question: Could this be related to running the tool remotely? I have tried with both Terminal Services and PC Anywhere. I have not tried to run the tool locally.

Cisco Employee

I believe the QA folks here have tested that via WTS but it's certainly worth trying it locally to rule it out... at the moment I have no other ideas for what would be causing a problem that far up in the process.

I will try to run it locally and see if that resolves the issue.

There is one other thing I have not mentioned: The unity install account a few months back got disassociated with a Unity subscriber. We used the workaround of associating the example administrator account with another NT account to allow access to the SAweb page. Looking in at the Exchange directory in raw mode there are still Voicemail attributes for the install account. Do you think this could be causing the problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content