cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dateTimeOrigination

mriggio
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to program a reporting tool for data from the CDR. However, I am having a hard time understanding the Date/Time data in the CDR, such as:

dateTimeOrigination

How do I understand these figures and put them into understandable Date/Time figures? I have read through the "Cisco CallManager Call Detail Record Definition" and it tells me what the definitions of each field, but not how to "transcribe" the coding (specifically for Time and Date).

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I do not know if this helps, but in

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ts_ccm_301_sec7.htm

says that:

"The value is a coordinated universal time (UTC) value and represents the number of seconds since Midnight (00:00:00) Jan. 1, 1970"

Yanna

j.herbert
Level 1
Level 1

If you have access to a unix system, you can use the shell 'date' command to do a quick conversion, e.g.:

(root@muon ~)3% date -r 1020270700

Wed May 1 17:31:40 BST 2002

In perl use the builtin localtime() functions, e.g.:

($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst)

= localtime(1020270700);

print ("$hour:$min:$sec $mday/$mon/$year\n");

=> 17:31:40 1/4/102 (note that the year is an offset from 1900).

I don't see obvious ways in Excel to do the conversion, but maybe somebody else can help there.

John.

Thanks guys, but I actually was able to write something up myself. I am not using unix so I had to stick with Excel conversions. I was able to write a function and utilize the Excel decimal system for Date/Time. It works and it's accurate.

Thanks though for the responses!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: