Views
Helpful
Replies

Dave!! Wierd Caller ID stuff followup

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you ever happen to track down any info on your response to my posting:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee73781

Management is getting aggitated that they can't get "Caller Name" info with the number. Any ideas of how I can troubleshoot this further if it works for other people using PRI's/Vg200/7960's/ccm 3.1.2c?

Thanks in Advance,

-jjf-

4 Replies 4

manuel.rouze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I had the same problem.

have this config:

PBX Matra65XX --- C2600/NM-HDV-2E1 --- CCM -- 7910

An incoming call from PBX to my IP-PHone displays weird symbols.

If I make a debug isdn q931 on the c2600, an I make a call, I don't see any callerID field, or an empty one. (neither caller name, by the way...)

Does that mean that this funny display is generated elsewhere (CCM ?).

Thanks

Manuel

I believe CCM generates it no matter what as it has to be formated into an XML string to where the phone will display it correctly, so It's almost like the XML string is getting terminated incorrectly and it's casuing it to show META (XML/HTTP) tags where the caller name goes. Quite Interesting.

I would be interested on figuring out where ccm Generates this information though.

-jjf-

steve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have also experienced the same garbled CallerID symptoms when upgrading from 3.0(8) to 3.1(2c).

My configuration includes a 2 Call Manager cluster with a mixture of IOS gateways (3660/2620's).

Some testing found that when we installed a test cluster in our LAB from 3.1 CD's, that the symptoms did not occur. However if we installed the test cluster from 3.0(8) CD's and performed the upgrade, we could reproduce the symptoms.

After comparing the two configs, we found that the "Run H225D on every node" checkbox under the gateway config was unchecked after the upgrade but checked after the new install.

Rechecking this tickbox cured (or masked) our problems.

This is what the Help file says about this tickbox.

Run H225D On Every Node

This option determines which Cisco CallManager in the cluster establishes the H.225 session. The default setting (checked) establishes the H.225 session on the Cisco CallManager where the calling device has registered. For most systems, the default setting works best.

Caution: Unchecking this check box establishes the H.255 session on the controlling Cisco CallManager in the same Cisco CallManager group and device pool as the H.225 gateway. Do not uncheck this box unless advised to do so by Cisco Technical Assistance (TAC).

I find it curious that the default condition for an upgrade does not automatically check this tickbox given the warning.

You may be interested to know that leaving this tickbox unchecked also affected incoming gateway calls under some CM failover conditions/configurations.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mine was already checked... I also get these messages on my vg200/pri gateway:

fld 'protocolIdentifier'(type:ProtocolIdentifier) of fld 'setup'(type:Setup_UUIE

) of fld 'h323-message-body'(type:_choice_h323_message_body) of fld 'h323-uu-pdu

'(type:H323_UU_PDU) of H323_UserInformation DEC_ERR=-13

Not sure if this is related or not, but since I started to try and get this to work right, I've noticed these.

Verified with my carrier and they are sending Name and Number info. I get Number Fine, just name doesn't show up except for Garble.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: