cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Lookup Scripting

umassjsp
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to use the DB Lookup node in a script. We have a Lab system so we built a small DB on "RGRA" and are trying to access it via DB Lookup node. It keeps failing. Anywhere we can get some more documentation on using the DB Lookup feature or is there any advice on using this? We haven't implemented this feature in any of our previous scripts. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Please browse to the TAC Tech Tips website and you will find a doc describing how to set dbworker, the process that is used within DBlookup. A Nice FAQ doc.

2r-reeder
Level 1
Level 1

There is some documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/icm46/core/scrip461/461c3.htm#xtocid982013

I don't do much scripting, so I haven't used this personally... Good luck.

Thanks guys for the response. I am looking at this with our DB guy here. Let you know if we have success.

I've implemented this and we are currently using this in our routing scripts. Shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions.

Thanks Thomas at Providian. I don't see your email address there just your company website but basically what we are trying to do is a call will hit our IVR and the IVR will providet an agent code. We want the script to do a DB Lookup on the code to see if he is a "preferred" agent. Appropriate label will then be returned to IVR to send call. Right now one of our guys is looking at the DBWorker to see if that is the issue. I am at jperkins@allmerica.com if you want to drop me a line. Go Sharks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: