cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Walker

pdepalma
Level 1
Level 1

First question, is it OK or expected to have warnings after running DB Walker? Should it be perfectly clean?

Secondly....

When I run DB Walker I get the following errors on the openinggreetingch and 2 other call handler aliases I created myself (all reference the exact same wav file):

"(error) Voice name WAV file missing. Path referenced for File=C:\CommServer\Stream Files\openinggreetingch_ChlName_05b50f5f.wav"

I tried running DB walker with the "remove reference to missing WAV..." selected, and it does not get rid of them. Please advise

I get the following warnings for ALL Call Handlers:

(warning) contact rule: Alternate has a switch ID that's set to NULL which means it will default to switch 0

You can correct this by going to the call handler or subscriber transfer page in the SA for this transfer rule and selecting a valid switch.

(warning) contact rule: Off Hours has a switch ID that's set to NULL which means it will default to switch 0

You can correct this by going to the call handler or subscriber transfer page in the SA for this transfer rule and selecting a valid switch.

(warning) contact rule: Standard has a switch ID that's set to NULL which means it will default to switch 0

I take the advise and go to the transfer page (or greeting) and there is NO setting to set anything regarding a switch.

I get the following Warnings for all Subscribers:

(warning) Private list has a NULL display name. This can be fixed by selecting a display name for this list on the Private Lists page of this subscriber in the SA

(warning) private list contains no members

I can get rid of this by configuring a Private list....do I just ignore this?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The latest version of dbWalker on www.CiscoUnityTools.com will take care of the voice name thing... I was auto fixing the greetings but the voice name stuff didn't auto fix like it should.

The warnings are not something you need to worry about - technically the SwitchId for a subscriber should be 0 or 1 not NULL - the Unity database configuraiton just leaves them at NULL which defaults to 0 which is fine (0 is the default switch which is tyipically the only switch). If you don't have a dual switch config you wont see the selection for a switch on the SA - I should probably note that in the warning text...

Also in the latest version of dbWalker the default is to show only objects with errors, not warnings - you can force it to show warnings or all output if you want but I switched it to errors only so folks don't get stressed out. Warnings are things that we (ECSBU) should know about but they wont cause problems in your system in the vast majority of the cases.