cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DBExport Utility run on Unity 2.4.6 generates error 70 and 75 repeatedly

mimorris
Level 1
Level 1

Production 2.4.6 system was re-booted without dongle. Dongle re-attached and license key was re-installed via license upgrade utility and synchro utility used to get subscriber and port counts back to normal. Then, as part of upgrade to 3.1.5, DBExport was executed on 600 subscriber DB and export logged 19,000+ error 70 and 75 errors. Any ideas why, and how to fix? Upgrade halted for now.

13 Replies 13

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, which version of dbWalker are you running? I fixed some bugs along the way that could be related - if you're not running the latest, get it from it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_full_import_export3x.htm

also, make sure you have MDAC 2.6 or later installed on the box - I put a link to the MS site in the help file... you can go here to get the latest from MS:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

those error 70 and 75s usually mean it's getting an error back from the ODBC driver talking to the MDB file where all this data is being crammed and that usually means one or more files in the MDAC library is not happy - even if you think you're already at 2.6 it's still a good idea to reapply it.

if neither of those do the trick, post a chunk of the log file created by the export that shows a few of these errors so I can get a better idea of where they're being thrown.

Since the url took me to DBExport and Import, I assume you meant these tools instead of dbWalker? Anyway, dbWalker is 2.1.117 and DBExport was 4.0.2. After the halted upgrade and license repair, I took a drive out of the server and put it in a spare MCS-7835. Working on the spare server today, since it has no dongle at startup, I can't administer it because the mydomain/administrator is not associated with a subscriber (notified via the saweb IE admin tool). Dump of license key shows 5 subscriber license count and 2 ports. Downloaded DBExport 4.0.3 and attempted install on spare server. Two install attempts failed. Using setup.exe, it tells me my system files are out of date, lists expsvr.dll, and wants to update and re-boot. I comply, but next run of setup.exe gives same feedback. I comply again, re-boot, utility still not installed. Here is a chunk of the log from the halted upgrade on the production box.

Running FullDBExport version: 4. 0. 2

Search for '(error)' to find information on errors in export process

Starting export at:11/13/2002 7:41:26 PM

Unity version on box= 246

Database connection OK.

Starting export process at:11/13/2002 7:41:27 PM

Exporting files and registry settings

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\Cisco0002.INI

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVANALOG.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVSMDI.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVMCI.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVDCS.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVERIC.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVFUJI.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVHCX.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVINTE.AVD

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\IntLib\AVTOSH.AVD

Exporting registry tree

Exporting file:C:\CommServer\Support\routing.rul

Completed file export, starting export of call handlers.

Recordsets open for call handler export

Text Name={Default}, Alias=ch_defaulttemplate

Exporting Base Handler Data

Starting top level items

(error) in export call handlers first pass. Number= 70, Description=Permission denied, Source=DatabaseExport

Starting Contact Rules

Starting Menu Entries

Starting messaging rules

Working with Standard rule.

(error) in export call handlers first pass. Number= 70, Description=Permission denied, Source=DatabaseExport

Working with Off Hours rule.

Working with Busy rule.

Working with Internal rule.

Working with Alternate rule.

Working with Error rule.

Record complete.

Text Name=Example Subscriber, Alias=ch_ESubscriber

Starting top level items

(error) in export call handlers first pass. Number= 75, Description=Path/File access error, Source=DatabaseExport

(error) in export call handlers first pass. Number= 75, Description=Path/File access error, Source=DatabaseExport

Starting Contact Rules

Starting Menu Entries

Starting messaging rules

Working with Busy rule.

Working with Error rule.

Record complete.

Text Name=Example Administrator, Alias=ch_EAdministrator

Starting top level items

Starting Contact Rules

Starting Menu Entries

Starting messaging rules

Working with Busy rule.

Working with Error rule.

Record complete.

Text Name=Opening Greeting, Alias=openinggreetingch

Starting top level items

Starting Contact Rules

Starting Menu Entries

Starting messaging rules

Working with Busy rule.

Working with Error rule.

Record complete.

Try just fishing the EXE out of the CAB file (PKZip will allow you to do this) and copying it over the standing FullDBExport file on your current install - none of the surrounding DLLs should be much different - not sure why your system is complaining about the base system file there - I'll have to look into it when I get back in the office.

FYI, removed DBExport 4.0.2 prior to attempting to install 4.0.3. Read your post. Re-installed 4.0.2. Followed your directions. DBExport 4.0.3 ran without error. Just for grins, I ran DBExport 4.0.2 and also no errors. Thanks.

Now, I would like to know that the 3.x license key I obtained 3/2002 will work before I go ahead and remove 2.4.6 (upgrade in place, already Win2k and keeping Exchange 5.5) on the production server and install Unity 3.1.5. Can you think of a plan to do this with a way to recover the 2.4.6 dongle if the 3.x license key doesn't work correctly and I need a 2.4.6 dongle to keep production server running?

If the key upgrade fails (i.e. it's a malformed string as far as it's concerned) it shouldn't apply it to the key and it should still work on 2.4.6.

Also, you can take a 3.x key and stick it on a 2.x system and it'll work ok, although the 2.x system will "stamp" the key with the major version of "2" so you can't then plug it back into the 3.x system without applying the 3.x upgrade code again. A quirk of the version checking thing in 2.x.

I think you're reasonably safe applying the upgrade regardless.

Just to follow up here... I rebuilt the setup for the dbExport tool which should avoid the install problems you had - I wasn't able to repro the same problem on my test boxes here (of course... it always works that way) but manually looking over the dependencies, that file is not needed when installing on a Unity server (necessary for this tool) so I was able to remove it from the list.

You can get the updated version (along with updated versions of all toools) at http://www.CiscoUnityTools.com

Thanks for the follow up. Just to let you know, we upgraded the production Unity server last night from 2.4.6 to 3.1.5, but I still had problems with DBExport generating the errors 70 and 75. Before running DBExport, I uninstalled a previous version of DBExport, downloaded the latest version (per your post) and installed it. When the errors occurred, I removed the new version, installed the older version, and then fished the exe from the version that would not install (described in earlier post), which is the same procedure I used on the test box. Then I re-ran DBExport and it ran clean.

Also, FYI, I installed the latest version of DBImport before I installed Unity 3.1.5. The latest install of DBImport places its icon in the Programs/Unity folder rather than outside of the Unity folder as in earlier version installs. During the Unity install, this icon was deleted from the Programs/Unity folder.

I dunno what's going on with the dbExport for you - I know a couple other sites ran the same version without a hitch. Must be some version of some file somewhere freaking it out but I can't imagine what it is. The EXE that shipped did not change, I was only fiddling with the setup package so I'm not at all sure what replacing the EXE with the same version would have done for you. Odd.

Yes, all the tools are supposed to start moving their icons into the Unity program group - I guess folks were getting annoyed with all the seperate program groups being added. The unity install itself is not too nice about respecing previously existing icons... this is an outstanding bug. I suppose until they fix it I can ignore the order to move into the Unity program group.

I'm getting the EXACT same thing tonight. Thought I'd check the discussions to see if there was a cure to this. Unfortunately, there's no going back now for me tonight, we're trying to work this.

PS: When I imported the 34mb database that it did create, all call handlers etc. were in tact, although no greetings (users or call handlers) were present.

I'm about to try an older version of the Export tool that worked for me before. Will write back if it works.

We actually found the problem and I fixed it - it was a bogus version of StreamHelp.dll in the setup image. The latest version out on CiscoUnityTools.com has this fixed. You can get it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_full_import_export3x.htm

Just checked your link, I had this problem WITH version 4.04 (Build 4 is what it said). I downloaded this version earlier today and installed it, and got the same error messages.

Has a newer version just been put online?

Thanks again

John.

No, version 4.0.4 has the fix in it - we tried it at 3 seperate sites with this problem and it resolved it. You may need to regsvr32 the StreamHelp.dll in the install directory again and restart the server... that's all I can think of at the moment - also, install it to a different directory, don't install over an existing version - the old dll might not be replaced if you do that.

Man... I think we finally got this thing figured out - there are three seperate versions of the StreamHelp.dll floating around that are all the same exact size and version number (nice) but two versions of them have a problem with using them to chunk out a whole bunch of voice names and greetings in bulk like the FullDBExport is doing - not good.

I tracked down the one I know is good and renamed it to StreamHelpGOOD.DLL - no mistaking that one - and repackaged the setup for the export tool. It's posted to CiscoUnityTools about 20 minutes ago... hopefully that issue will be put to bed for good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: