Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dbimport

I am looking for a way to back up Unity without 3rd party software. I have read about dbimport and dbexport. The documentation for these software applications only says that they are for upgrading to 3.0. I just want to back up and restore 2.4.6. Can I use this software for that purpose?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: dbimport

the FullDBImport and Export utilities are not really meant as a full backup and restore mechanism. The DiRT utilities for 3.1(x) are my first shot at something approaching a full backup and restore application for Unity data.

There is a version of Export/Import on AnswerMonkey.net on the 2.x tools page that allows you to backup any version of Unity from 2.3.4(104) through 2.4.6(x) and restore it onto a 2.4.6(x) system. This tool is not supported by TAC and this doesn't include subscriber messages and some Unity data is not included (see the help file on AnswerMonkey.net for details on these). I really wouldn't reccomend this as a backup and restore mechansim (i.e. as opposed to getting a real tape backup package with Exchange support), it's meant to be a migration tool to get most Unity data onto a new system.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content