Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dblhelper not seeing subscriber server

I have a situation, a newly added dub is not seen by the dblhelper. It is added as a server on the add server page and callmanager server page, but the dblhelper exe is not seeing it

8 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: dblhelper not seeing subscriber server

Make sure lmhost add at publisher and subscriber for DNS.

Under:C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc

For example:

10.x.x.1 CALLMRG-2 #PRE

10.x.x.2 CALLMGR-1 #PRE

Ken

I have both in lomhosts, but I thing without #PRE. I also have DNS server configured but do not have the entry for the servers in the zone. Only have them in LMHOSTS and HOST without PRE

Does the subscriber actually exist? Did you run through the install of adding a subscriber server to the cluster? Also, adding a server requires a reboot of the cluster.

The reboot was done. What is interesting is that the SUB collected the Database after reboot and I ran CCM service on it and registered an phone who made outside call, but the replication is not going on. I needed to add manualy the subsription and when I added an gateway just for test it is not replicated to sub.

Green

Open regedit:

Under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\DBL

Do you have 2 DBConnections (0 and 1 normally)

Under CCMAdmin | Service | Service Parameters | Select Publisher | Cisco Database Layer Monitor | Advance | Database Connection String

How many you have?

//G

In HKEY I have 0 and 2. 0 iz CCMIT which is PUB and 2 is CCMITTEMP which is an old sub that was deleted. There is no 1 for CCMDS which is my non working SUB

anager;SERVER=CCMIT;DATABASE=CCM0301;Trusted_Connection=yes

This is what i have on the service parameter of the PUB on the service parameter for the SUB it is empty???

Green

Hi, that parameter looks for an entry in SQL table.

SQL Enterprise Manager | Databases | CCM3XXX | Tables | ProcessConfig | DBConnection

If you dont have 2 DBConnections open a TAC case to check in the DB logs why that entry was not inserted and to remove orphaned entries for old subscriber.

If entries r missing there, a SUB server reinstall will be necessary i think.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content