Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

dbWalker error (4.0.3)

Hello.

We've just upgraded from 2.4.6 to 4.0.3 (with hop at 4.0.1 as required) and are seeing some errors in the dbWalker output log. We have three pairs of errors like this:

Alias=Administrator

Display Name=Unity Administrator

(...)

1520:(error) subscriber has NULL for their primary call handler reference - this is not a valid subscriber. Please contact TAC.

1527:(error) smtpAddress value for subscriber is NULL. This usually means the mail server has not generated an SMTP address for this user which can cause problems.

(...)

The first one looks like something for which there'd be a standard fix procedure. Any advice?

Thanks.

Best regards,

David

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: dbWalker error (4.0.3)

The first error is serious and there's no "standard fix" for it - if a subscriber is missing their link to their primary call handler you'll typically end up having to blow them away and recreate them from scratch - that's not something you see too often.

The 2nd error could be benign - on an Exchange 5.5 system you can have a message store account but no SMTP address advertised - with Exchange 2000/20003, however, that usually indicates a problem with the RUS service not completing it's message store creation work in a timely fashion - are you still connected to 5.5 or did you change over to 2000 in the process of upgrading to 4.0(3)?

Also, be sure to fetch the latest dbWalker - I believe the first error in the latest version will include text telling you to remove the user and reimport/recreate them from scratch. You can get the latest off www.CiscoUnityTools.com

Thanks for that.

The site is in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2000, and does have people homed on both machines at the moment. I believe the three offending subscribers are still on the 5.5 server.

As for blowing the subscribers away and recreating them, it would be a good solution (and we wouldn't even have to recreate them, as they're not used). However, the Unity Administrator won't let you do it -- it shows an IIS error when I try -- and dohPropTest doesn't work, either. It appears to delete the subscribers, but then when you go and search, they're there again immediately.

Is there a better way to destroy these users?

Thanks again.

Best,

Dave

Cisco Employee

well, first see if any of those three users are being referenced elsewhere - for instance as message recipients, owners of handlers or as sole members of distribution lists like the Unaddressed Messages (i.e. if one of these accounts in the example admin you'll want to take care in replacing references to it that will be broken with its removal).

If you're comfortable with that you can just delete them in SQL directly - go to the Subscriber table in the Enterprise admin under the UnityDB database, find the user in the table and delete it - all the referencing tables (i.e. notification devices/rules, MWIs etc...) will be removed automatically.

You can do this via the MS Query Builder or using CUDLE's Query View by using a command like this:

"DELETE FROM Subscriber WHERE Alias='xxx'"

Okay, we'll give that a try. Thanks.

Another error exists in the log. It looks like this:

*** Starting DTMFAccessID Table walk ***

0:(error) ParentObjectID value invalid for row with DTMFAccessOBjectID={D6606238-9DC8-4B79-AAE6-3E7C46243ED5}

305 entries checked.

What does that mean? Where is DTMFAccessID edited?

Thanks.

Best,

Dave

Cisco Employee

That means there's a stranded row in the DTMFAccessID table in the UnityDB database - it's not critical (i.e. if the ID in that row had conflicted with any other objects it would have been reported seperately).

The new version of dbWalker that QA is testing includes an option to automatically remove such stranded rows - these can happen as a result of objects that weren't removed cleanly for one reason or another.

Views
Helpful
Replies