cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DBWalker Error greeting '

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

<br>Is this expected....<br>I have installed 2.46B135. Befor I import mu subscriber or create any I run Dbwalker...Dbwalker comes back with error on Handler Alias=ch_EAdministrator<br>Extension=99999<br> Location Object Alias=default<br> Handler owner alias=<br> Handler message recipient alias=EAdministrator<br> Handler location object alias=default<br> After Message Action Destination Alias =goodbyech<br> Schedule=Weekdays<br> Standard greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias = set for hangup<br> Off Hours greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias = set for hangup<br> Alternate greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias = set for hangup<br> Busy greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias = set for hangup<br> Internal greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias = set for hangup<br> Error greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias =openinggreetingch<br><br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
2 Replies 2

Not applicable

That's normal to see, and not really a huge deal to worry about. I think the very latest version of dbWalker might even fix it automatically.

Essentially, there's a hidden 'Error' greeting for each box that determines where a caller gets sent if they enter invalid input... you can edit this with Jeff's Bulk Edit tool but it isn't accessible from the SA. In the case of Example Admin, it's not too likely that people are going to end up in this mailbox anyway.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Actually, the error greeting is not a problem... nothing to be fixed on my side or on Unity's side. The error greeting is a normal part of the Unity architecture. Every subscriber and call handlers has one. It dictates the destination a caller is sent to if they enter an invalid value during the greeting (i.e. they enter a one key value that's not valid or enter an extension number that doesn't exist in the database).

If there was an error in the output, the line in the log is preceeded with an "(error)" string as mentioned at the top of the log, my web site and the help file. It always includes the "()" around it.

Not sure what you mean by it's telling you there's an error... I don't see one in that log.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)