Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver

DBWalker Errors

Hi,

I've run DBWalker and saw the following errors

*** Starting DTMFAccessID Table walk ***

(error) could not find directory handler that owns DTMFAccessID value=2200

This is a serious error and should be reported to TAC.

(error) could not find directory handler that owns DTMFAccessID value=2200

This is a serious error and should be reported to TAC.

Extension 2200 is assigned to the main company's call handler and it is working just fine.

Is it something i should worry about?

thanks in advance,

marina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: DBWalker Errors

What version of Unity are you running here?

Yes, this should probably be cleaned up, it sounds like there are duplicate entries for 2200 in the master DTMFAccessId table, two of which point to bogus entries that are no longer around.

The easiest way to find this is with CUDLE (Cisco Unity Data Link Explorer). If you're on 4.0(1) or later it's installed already and available in the Tools Depot. If you're at 3.1(1) or later you can download it off www.CiscoUnityTools.com. If you're at 3.0(x) then CUDLE wont work for you and we'll have to sort it out another way.

Asuming you can run CUDLE, fire it up. Go to the DTMFAccessID table on the left there. Sort the data in the table at the bottom by the DTMFAccessID column. Find 2200 - I'm guessing there will be 2 or 3 entries for this. If not, let me know.

From there you can move your mouse over the "ParentObjectID" column and it should show you a pop up note indicating which object owns that extensions. One of those will show your call handler, the other one or two should show that it can't be resolved. Those are the two you want to delete. If that's not the case, let me know.

Grab the DTMFAccessIDObjectID for the two bogus entries and copy them off to notepad or something - you can snag them by simply right clicking on the column for each row and selecting copy. By default this column will be blue and forced to the right of the table for easy access.

Once you have the ObjectID values for the two rows you want to delete, you can open up the QueryBuilder window in CUDLE (under the View menu). Enter the following query:

DELETE FROM DTMFAccessID

WHERE DTMFAccessIDObjectID='xxx'

where xxx there is one of the OBjectID values you copied off - you'll do this for each row you need to delete. After that it should be clean.

If there aren't multiple entires or CUDLE indicates more than one of them maps to a valid object or the like, stop and let us know- we'll want to take a closer look before we start blowing away entires in that table.

Also, before you get started it'd be a good idea to snag a DiRT backup (don't bother getting messages, just get everything else) - whenever you're going to be fiddling around "in the buff" in SQL it's a good idea to have a backup handy - just in case.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

What version of Unity are you running here?

Yes, this should probably be cleaned up, it sounds like there are duplicate entries for 2200 in the master DTMFAccessId table, two of which point to bogus entries that are no longer around.

The easiest way to find this is with CUDLE (Cisco Unity Data Link Explorer). If you're on 4.0(1) or later it's installed already and available in the Tools Depot. If you're at 3.1(1) or later you can download it off www.CiscoUnityTools.com. If you're at 3.0(x) then CUDLE wont work for you and we'll have to sort it out another way.

Asuming you can run CUDLE, fire it up. Go to the DTMFAccessID table on the left there. Sort the data in the table at the bottom by the DTMFAccessID column. Find 2200 - I'm guessing there will be 2 or 3 entries for this. If not, let me know.

From there you can move your mouse over the "ParentObjectID" column and it should show you a pop up note indicating which object owns that extensions. One of those will show your call handler, the other one or two should show that it can't be resolved. Those are the two you want to delete. If that's not the case, let me know.

Grab the DTMFAccessIDObjectID for the two bogus entries and copy them off to notepad or something - you can snag them by simply right clicking on the column for each row and selecting copy. By default this column will be blue and forced to the right of the table for easy access.

Once you have the ObjectID values for the two rows you want to delete, you can open up the QueryBuilder window in CUDLE (under the View menu). Enter the following query:

DELETE FROM DTMFAccessID

WHERE DTMFAccessIDObjectID='xxx'

where xxx there is one of the OBjectID values you copied off - you'll do this for each row you need to delete. After that it should be clean.

If there aren't multiple entires or CUDLE indicates more than one of them maps to a valid object or the like, stop and let us know- we'll want to take a closer look before we start blowing away entires in that table.

Also, before you get started it'd be a good idea to snag a DiRT backup (don't bother getting messages, just get everything else) - whenever you're going to be fiddling around "in the buff" in SQL it's a good idea to have a backup handy - just in case.

Silver

Thanks Jeff,

Sorry i forgot to mention it's 4.0(1). You were right, i can see these 2 objects which can't be resolved. But i dont have a View menu in CUDLE. Could you please advise.

thanks,

marina

Cisco Employee

No view menu? What's up along the top? Should be "File", "View", "Options" and "Help". Which version of CUDLE are you running? You can check under the help | about.

Regardless, you can always get the latest off www.CiscoUnityTools.com. CUDLE's home page is here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm

Silver

No, just File, Options and Help . version 1 build 6. I will download the latest one.

Silver

thanks, it's fixed now

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content