Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DC Directory - Blank password for Directory Manager

How do you change the password in the DC directory when there is no original password? So I can open DC Directory with the user Directory Manager and leave the password field blank and see everything, but you will not get the option to change the password if one is not originally set. I know how to use the password tool to reset the registry settings, but what about DC itself?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: DC Directory - Blank password for Directory Manager

Thanks for the doc, I had to change another password and found the same doc but the ending was not for me since I ahve 3.1(1) running. You can change how your CRA engine looks into your DC Directory by editing a files under C:\WINNT\System32\ccn\*.ini files and that containes the Password in the Cryptic format that will allow you to authenticate if you already have a password and want to change it when running CRA3.1(1). Because once you change it, if you already have everything running, you cannot authenticate to the Directory if the password inside CRA is the old one. Thats were the ini file I mentioned comes into play.

Thanks for the response.

The only problem now is that the Default password of ciscocisco does not get you into the Directory. If you change the password in the registry and shutdown the WWW and DC services you will loose connectivity from CCM to the Directory and the password to get into the DC Directory Admin remains blank to access?

Any ideas to get around this?

Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. Bug ID CSCec58120. If the Directory Manager password is set to blank, we cannot get out of it.

That really stinks, is Cisco working on resolving this issue in future releases? Like CCM4.0

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content