Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DC Directory CCM 4.1(3)

Hello Experts,

I installed a brand new CCM 4.1(3). When I try to add a user, I receive a massage stating "Sorry, your session object has timed out". I used the passwordutils and verified the password in the regedit is the correct one but I am not able to add a user neither to access the DC Directory administration page. As I said, I verified the password that I am using is the correct password but everytime I try to access the DC Directory Adminstration page using that password an login error pops up. Please note that I am using an ( _ ) character in the name of the server and I know this is not a standard character for the naming. Would that cause a similar problem? Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

10 Replies 10

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Since this hostname contains an invalid DNS character being "_"...

Work-Around:

Do not use the hostname in the url when accessing the admin pages. Use the IP address.

See also:

CSCdw52774 - User Page encountered timeout error - can not open

Problem:

Can not add user or do a basic search on the user pages as the pages throw

error. Session timed out.

The server name is xxx_tapi2 and the URl is http://xxx_tapi2/ccmadmin

The problem doesn't occur if we use the localhost or IPAddress in the URL.

Symptom:

User page not possible to open via CCMAdmin with address with machine name

having non Domain Name supported characters.

Condition:

Browser version IE5.5 with SP2 and Q313675 patch and the CallManager node name having

special characters like underscore ( non Domain Name supported chacters)

Workaround:

1)Don't use the non DNS characters in the Server Name.

- or -

2)Use the IPAddress to browse the system if the Server Name has non valid DNS

characters

- or -

3) Use Netscape browser or a IE browser which doesn't have the Q313675 patch.

- or -

4)Can open User page with the the following address.

http://localhost/CCMAdmin/main.asp

HTH

//Gonzalo

Thanks Gonzalo, this info is realy great. I will test it tomorrow and will let you know.

How can I get red of the "_" and replace it with a

"-"? What are the steps to do so?

Thanks,

Changing the hostname in CCM as is not supported. You will need to rebuilt from scratch, sorry :(.

Thanks man,

How can I unistall the CallManager? Is there any steps to follow or just go to add/remove program and remove it?

Thanks,

you cant uninstall the Callmanager. The Callmanager uninstall option under Add/remove Software is grayed out. Rebuilding your server will be lot easier.

Karzazi

You mean starting from the scrach, installing the Os and then the CallManager?

Thanks,

Yes, this is the way to go if you mess up once with Call Manager system.

I started from the scratch and built the server up again. The issue with adding users is gone but I still can't access the DC Administration page. A massage stating "the logging failed du to bad usrname or password". The value of DCDMGRPW and the output of passwordutils is the same. Would you know what can I do to reslove this issue?

Thanks,

Select Simple as Auth Level when accessing your DCD. Username to access DC Directory should be: "Directory Manager" not "Administrator" Standard.