Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DC Directory issues in Callmanager 3.3.2

HI all

Call manager is running version 3.3.2. Tried restoring the user information from the backup which corrupted the dc directory information. So tried the dc directory fixup, yet i was not able to access the user information through call manager pages. Also i was loged inside the dc directory and no user information is available there. So uninstalled the dc directory and installed the dc directory again. This time i was able to restore the user information, i was able to search the user information through the call manager administration page. but when i tried chaging the user information, i get object errors. but the user is succesfully created in the call manger. i verified thro the phone and in dc directory. Also i can check the device association and while updating i get he object error again.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed. Please don't ask me to uninstall and rerun the dcdscripts again.

Regards

Senthil

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: DC Directory issues in Callmanager 3.3.2

If I'm reading your question correctly, it sounds like you can now see all the data in your DC Directory, but run into trouble all or most of the time that you try to modify it.

The only thing that springs to mind is making sure you are permitting directory updates from the admin pages. Make sure your registry settings reflect the ones shown here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a008011aa73.html#xtocid6

You say, however, that you were able to add a user which means this is probably already done. If this is not your problem, then you will need to post the exact errors you're getting.

What Object errors are you receiving? This could be the call manager api that is modifying the user info and not DC directory.

" Phone administrator does not have prevelige to add/ modify user"..i know its a bug, but how to recover from it . Cisco says there is no workaround for this bug.

Thanks

Senthil Natarajan

Have a look in the registry!!!

hkey_local_machine>software>cisco systems, inc>Directory Configuration

Have a look at the DIRACCESS key this should be set to true.

Then restart IIS admin service.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the response but i have already checked that. It was set to true already.

REgards

Senthil Natarajan.

Views
Helpful
Replies