Cisco Support Community
Community Member

DC directory issues

Problem Description: 2 Call Manager Clusters

1st Cluster in Location A. CM 3.3.3

2nd Cluster in Location B. CM 3.3.3 sr2

Connected via WAN (T1)

Intercluster trunk established and all call routing works as expected.

When phones/or Service parameters for location B are set to point to the publisher in Location A (for centralizing corp. directory), the phones do not show up the corporate directory listing. Only shows up the Call records listing option 1,2,3.

Strange: But when I configure a service called Test with the URL pointing to the call manager in Location A to the xmldirectory.asp file and execute the service from the phone the corporate directory listing from Location A shows up fine. Then when I go back to directories I'm able to see the Option 4. If the phone is reset, I have to go back and run service - Test again before I can see option4 on the phone. Both the service and the URL for diretory point to the same server/folder/file. Seems like it caches some information when the same is ran as a service vs a directory listing. Any ideas ?

Re: DC directory issues

Yes, this is possible, but is not a "built in" function of CallManager.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to use IP Phone Services SDK on your own web server and point the Directories URL on both clusters to that web server. You can get the SDK from

CreatePlease to create content