Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DC Directory keeps pausing

We are having an issue with DC Directory service pausing every so often. I have looked through the application logs and we are getting the following errors

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: DCDirectory

Event Category: Resource Monitoring

Event ID: 7428

Date: 19/01/2006

Time: 02:46:02

User: N/A

Computer: Publisher

Description:

(DSA DSA LDAP(48) Proc 1505, Sev 14)

DC Directory Server noticed it was short of disk space (on

the database server partition) while it was processing

received LDAP data. See previous logs for details of

database server partition disk space shortage.

From remote address: X.X.X.X

On Connection ID: 170

The database is only around 6 MB so it is not large and there is around 3 Gb free on the HDD.

Has anyone come accross this before?

3 REPLIES

Re: DC Directory keeps pausing

is this around the time of your backup? If so, then the 3Gb maybe not enough free space for the staging area. Also, what version of CCM are you running and what version of backup utility?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

CallManager ver is 3.3.4 SR2

BARS ver is 4.0.5

..and yes it does seem to happen around the time of the backup!!

Would putting the latest BARS on help it, or would 3GB still not be enough?

Cheers

I dont think that the latest version of BARS will help, but it couldnt hurt. The problem is likely that the staging area is quite large for all the data it is backing up. It is going to backup the CCM Databases (CDR's and ART if you are doing those), DC Directory, and possibly CER and IPCC Express if you are running those applications. I would look through to see if there are some logs that you can delete, possibly upgrades files that are on the server that you can delete as well. One final thing to look it is to see how large you CDR and ART databases are. You can do this looking at c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql\data folder. You will see the following files.

cdr.mdf cdr_log.ldf art.mdf art_log.ldf and ccm030X.mdf ccm030X_log.ldf.

If the cdr files and the art files are very large, consider not backing them up. Also, we can shrink the transaction logs on those guys.

In SQL Query Analyzer, run the following query.

dump tran "cdr" with no_log

dump tran "art" with no_log

dbcc shrinkdatabase(cdr)

dbcc shrinkdatabase(art)

You can run all 4 at the same time, but this will spike CPU for awhile if the files are very large. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content