Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

DC Directory

Question about how to change the name of the embedded directory in CCM. From CCM select>>>Start>>>Programs>>>>DC Directory Administrator. After login my Directory listing shows "CISCO.COM". If I right click on Cisco.com and then select properties, a window pops up that says "The Windows Properties for Organization: Cisco.com. Name: Cisco.com

My question is how to change "Cisco.com" to our organization name. Is it just a matter of changing the name at the above window or is there some procedure I should follow. Your help would be appreciated. TIA.

Larry

2 REPLIES

Re: DC Directory

Not a good idea, unless you want to re-write the code for the directory lookup as this specifies the search parameters and one of them is cisco.com. Same thing for Extension mobility.

Hey no-one ever sees it so there's no real point in changing it.

Paul

Bronze

Re: DC Directory

Paul

I agree with the exception of building the Directory listing in the Cisco Softphone. After going to settings>>>Directories and adding a new directory I called Corporate directory you have a window showing:

Account Name: cm=myuserID,ou=users,0=cisco.com

Search Base: ou=users,o=cisco.com

My boss insists that cisco.com is a domain and needs to be changed to uwyo.edu (our domain).

Larry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content