Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DCD user id problem after upgrade to 3.2.3 from 3.2.2c

I now have two sites with the same issue. Hopefully you people can shed some light on this issue.

When I create a new user within CM, the user now gets created with what appears to be a timestamp ID following the profile name (as seen in DCD Admin ; CCN; profiles). For example, I created a test user today named "bb", the profile is listed as "bb-profile-{542581722042003}" instead of just "bb-profile"

This behavior doesn't seem to be a problem in CM, but it is messing up ICD. When new users get created, ICD truncates the user id at 20 chars which is less than the full userid (the one with the timestamp) and then can't get at the proper account.

Is anyone else having this issue with 3.2.3? please check in DCD to make sure! It seems that users created prior to the upgrade to 3.2.3 are fine. Only the post upgrade created users are at issue.

The short term fix is to rename every new user in DCD to remove the timestamp.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DCD user id problem after upgrade to 3.2.3 from 3.2.2c

This does not sound correct. Have you run through this procedure yet?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

If not, please try this, if the problem persists, please open a case with TAC.

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

With 3.2.3, it is an expected behaviour. The supported ICD for CM 3.2.3 are CRS 3.0(3a) and CRA 2.2(5) SpB. The following matrix gives good infomation about various version and their compatibility.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm

Yes, so I discovered. According to TAC the GUID is appended to all DCD user accounts to facilitate the renaming of users due to things such as name changes.

I guess it's here to stay. I have gone through DCD and manually edited the users and profiles to make them match up. Guess we'll have to go to 3.0.3a or 3.1 sooner than we had hoped.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content