cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dead 7935 (doa?)

r.eliasson
Level 1
Level 1

We got a 7935 conf-station. The device won't boot properly. It halts on the 'Cisco Systems, Inc. Polycom Technology Copyright 2001' prompt, and won't let me in to do any manual configuring or anything at all. I sniffed the thing while booting, and all I see is that the device already have an IP address, not from my network, sending arp-requests. I switched to that network and tried to communicate over http, but no luck. Anyone seen this behaviour, or do I have a dead-on-arrival (if so, strange that it has an IP address)?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

pcantore
Level 1
Level 1

If the unit is new and out of the box - probably a DOA.

7935s do not like having power removed, or being reset, during a software upgrade. If it doesn't complete, then good bye to your 7935! Note: if you move a unit between CCM environments (even a new one) and the device default or custom load version is different beyween systems (as it is between most versions) and upgrade/downgrade will take place - if you reboot CCM then TFTP is lost, and again, good bye to your 7935. Always wait until the upgrade is complete and make a test call from it to be sue. I hope that error recovery is improved in the lastest loads!!!

Thanks, OK, so it sounds like a DOA. Though, it has an IP, 172.18.1.126, not just any random.... making an arp for the mac of 172.18.1.81, not just any random... or are these some sort of Cisco internal lab kind of addresses, sort of?

I'll ship the box back to wherever it came from. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: