cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug ISDN q931

huongvx
Level 1
Level 1

I use debug isdn q931 in cisco. For some call i got: Calling Party Number i = 0x1183,"xxxxxx"

some call i got:Calling Party Number i = 0x1180,"xxxxxx"

Can anyone tell me what is difference btw 1180 and 1183.

Regards

Huong VU

3 Replies 3

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This information can be found in the ITU's Q.931 spec. I will break out these two for you.

The number 0x1180 represents Octet 3 and 3a of the Calling Party Information Element.

Octet 3 = 0x11 = 0001 0001

Bits 7,6 and 5 represent the Type of number; in your case 001 means International.

Bits 4,3,2 and 1 represent the Numbering plan; in your case 0001 means ISDN.

Octet 3a = 0x80 = 1000 0000

Bits 7,6 represent the Presentation Indicator; in your case 00 means "Presentation allowed".

Bits 2,1 represent the Screening Indicator; in your case case 00 means "User provided, not screened".

For the other IE 0x1183 only the Screening Indicator has changed:

Octet 3a = 0x83 = 1000 0011

Bits 2,1 represent the Screening Indicator; in your case case 00 means "Network provided".

More information regarding the Presentation and Screening Indicators can be found in the Q.951 spec. Please refer to these specs for more information.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will check to see. By the way, my problem is that: I have a cisco AS5400 to termination traffic to one country with CLI (caller ID display in the mobile phone of called party). When I test from another of my cisco Caller ID display well in the mobile phone number of called. But when my customer test call from his Cisco AS5300 the Caller ID display in mobile phone is always "unknown". When debug isdn q931, i found the difference is only with Calling Party Number. If I test I got Calling Party Number i = 0x1183, "xxxx" (caller ID can be display correctly), if my customer test, I got Calling Party Number i = 0x1180, "xxxx" (caller ID can not be displayed correctly).

Pls advise me how to do? What is configuration needed to do at my customer cisco? How to change 1180 to 1183.

Wating for your reply.

Regards

Huong

huongvx,

polite and gentle people (looks like you are definitely NOT from them) should rate helpful posts as it is described in the NetPro forum policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: