Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Default template DDTS cscdu 16990

I have got AD120 NEC oem of Unity version 2.46B136. Once you create a user the extension assigned to the user gets stuck in default template. Upon the user creation an error message comes up saying the "unknown error user did not get created ". However the user gets created and you can assign an extension to it. In SA once you try to look up a user by extension e.g 2334(that is stucked) that user and EAdminstrator show up. <br>I have to go to DOHprop under Callhandler/default template clear out the AVP-DTMF Access ID. Wait for the 10 min for the system to update..<br>I have run DBwalker (no luck)<br>I have run configmgr with default.dcs(no luck)<br>I am running out of optins here...<br>I need to understand the logic behind this....<br>Can I just remove the default template in DOH and recreate it..Would that fix it...<br>Can I run the uninstall.dcs with configmgr and then default.dcs...<br>What should I do...I am running out of options here...<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Aplication Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
9 REPLIES

Re: Default template DDTS cscdu 16990

Are you running the latest Directory walker from Answermonkey.net? There were enhancements made to it to take care of the template issues.
You should let it do the templates rather than user DohPropTest.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Yes Latest from answermonkey. It does not fix it...

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Do not run the uninstall.dcs file that can cause issues.
So when you lookup the Example adminstrator in the SA, what does that show?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

When you dial the number that is stuck in default template it says Eadministrator...It is just like calling excample administrator. Here what I did. I ran Uninstall.dcs and then install.dcs. I had to twick it little bit to get into SA finally. It still did not work. I used uninstall utility from Jeffs page and uninstall it completely. Start installing fresh no error message or anything like that I still have that problem. I examined tempu.log nothiong I could find related. I am guessing it is somthing in exchange or I need to read the Uninstall doc from Jeffs page to see what is not being removed that can be related to this.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

When you ran the uninstall utility, did you clean out the users and distribution lists from Exchange? This has to be done manually as per the last message on the uninstall.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

What users exactly...The Example administrator and subscriber are taken care of by the uninstall. I changed my account that I installed Unity with...I basically created a new Domain account to install unity with.....All the rights were given to the new account.. What else I needed to do

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

You are right, the Example administrator and its details get removed.

You have access to the DohProps, so lets try and see what has gotten corrupted.
First, check the DTMF access Id for both the call handler for the Example admin as well as the default call handlers. You will be able to see where all the extension is showing up.The default template's DTMF access Id should be empty.

If that is all corrected, then we want to check if the mail user object for the Example administrator is pointing to the right call handler. the property is the AVP_CALLHANDLER_OBJECT_ID. It should match the AVP_OBJECT_ID on the primary call handler for the Example admin.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

At the moment this is correct. It matches in DOH....However I need to turn some diagnostics to find out what happens when I try to create a user...If I could turn some diag utility and see what is happening...what is causing Unity to say unknown error a user is not ceated. This error message is comming from a line in Unity code when a condition is not met to create a user. If you tell me what Diag Utility to turn on that would be great.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Turn on the error diags ( I believe it is number 10 ) for AlCommon, DOH,DAL, SAL. To be sure that you got everything, you can turn on all the diags for these components. Remember to turn them off once you are done with the test as they can chew up disk space.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies