cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Template Error

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

This is in regard to case # B751681. Default template, Under Call Transfer, Select "transfer to subscriber extension"(2). Once creat a user based on the template the user has "transfer to this extnsion"(3). I started having this problem with 2.46B102. I was told to upgrade to B135. This is what I did. I am running <br>Unity 2.46B135<br>TSP 10036<br>CM3.011<br>I have followed all instructions by TAC to resolve this issue. I need some valid answers from Cisco. Is this a bug or there is a fix for this...<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
6 Replies 6

Not applicable

When the subscriber is created and the transfer is set to "transfer to this extension" is the proper extension in there (i.e. is their DTMF_ID in there)? If so, what's the problem? If not, what is in there?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Yes the extension is there. However the selection from option 2 jumps to option 3. After user creation the admin needs to go and select option 2 and save it. We want to ring subscriber extension not any other no as option 3 indicates. In the previous versions in the default template option 2 could not be saved. However, Unity ,once you import or create users, did it correctly and option 2 was selected for all the users. In Dohprop I have cleared the default template DTMF_Access_ID. It says (empty). In SA under option 2 for default template I have (empty). Upon importing or creating a user the user exension is pulled however the button jumps to option 3.

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Not applicable

not to put too fine a point on it, but why does this matter? If the right extension is in the 3rd radio button it's working as it should. Why does it matter if it's radio button 2 or 3? The right extension is populated, it's doing the right thing.

It's probably a very, very minor SA bug where it should be showing the 2nd radio button and it's using the 3rd. There's only one extension field for each contact rule so it's not like you run the risk of transfering to the wrong number or somthing.

Either way, this isn't something we're going to be spending too much time fixing since it isn't really causing a problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

The extension is pulled and placed in option 2. Radio button stays at option 3 and blank. The administrator either needs to change the radio button to option 2 or put down the subscriber extension in option 3 and then save. This is a manual work for each subscriber. If you import 100 users you need to do this 100 times. If you do not do this manul change when a caller calls the AA and punch the subscriber extension Unity comes back with Example adminstraor is not available or busy.

Not applicable

Actually, that's not the case. I'm betting you don't need to do anything at all and it will work just fine (did you try it?).

There's only one property on the contact rule (AVP_EXTENSION) and the SA uses this value to determine if radio button 2 or 3 should be checked. If it matches the DTMF_ID it's supposed to select 2 and if it doesn't it's supposed to do 3. There seems to be a logic flaw here but the extension number field sounds like it's filled in right, just a UI issue. Give it a try and see if it transfers to the right number, I'm betting it does. If not there's something else at play and we should look at DPT to see what the contact rule is configured for.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

This has been reported as a defect. The Cisco DDTS number is CSCdu16990.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems