Views
Helpful
Replies

Default template for 7940 missing

vidir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I was going to copy and change the default template for 7940 but it is missing. I have tried to copy and change the 7960 template so I could use it with 7940 but it never appears as an option on the configuration page for the 7940 phones. I´m running CCM 3.0(6).

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Vidir

6 Replies 6

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

I think you should be able to restore the default template in Call Manager Administration. You could also apply the 3.0(9) upgrade patch if the file itself is missing.

Hope this helps

How do I restore the default template for the 7940 in Call Manager Administration ?

vidir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I just upgraded the CCM to 3.0(9) but it made no difference. The template for the 7940 is still missing. I have to be able to change the template from having 1 line and 1 Speed Dial to 2 lines.

I really need help on this one.

Thanks in advance,

Vidir

mgadbois
Level 1
Level 1

You need to manipulate the SQL database in order to do this. I jsut did it on a 3.08 and a 3.09 CCM. E-mail me at mgadbois@edci.com for help.

lee.brown
Level 1
Level 1

I worked around this problem by adding the 7940 phones as 7960's and then modifying the template for the 7960 into a two line 7940 template.

vidirk
Level 1
Level 1

After I upgraded to 3.0(9) and deleted the 7940 phones and reinstalled them I was able to choose between 1 button template and 2 button template.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: