Views
Helpful
Replies

Define a default destination on CME B-ACD AA

Isaac Romero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a CME B-ACD configured with an Auto Attendant prompt menu and then two hunt-group options.

The problem we are having is that when calling from certains old analog phones the system doesn't recognize the inputs ("1" or "2"), so the call is not forwarded to any of the hunt-groups and the Auto Attendant prompt menu keeps playing on loop.

Is there any way to configure a default destination when no option is pressed after a defined timeout?

I attach the config.

Thanks,

Isaac.

9 Replies 9

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

The calls are diverted to an alternate destination in two circumstances

1. The hunt group to which a call has been transferred is unavailable because all members are logged out or in do-not-disturb (DND) mode.

2. The call-queue maximum retry timer has expired.

The alternate destination can be any number at which you can assure call coverage, such as a voice-mail number, a permanently staffed number, or a number that rings an overhead night bell. After a call is diverted to an alternate destination, it is no longer controlled by the B-ACD service. This parameter is set with the param voice-mail command.

The B-ACD call-queue service relinquishes control of a call only when the alternate destination answers the call. If the call cannot be connected, it remains in the queue. If the param max-time-vm-retry command is set to a number higher than one, the call-queue service retries to connect that number of times. If no connection can be made to the alternate destination, the call is disconnected.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1012406

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for your answer.

But our problem is the call doesn't go to a hunt-group or to a call-queue because the B-ACD don't detect the input when calling from some old analog phones.

We need to define a default destination when no option is pressed in the auto-attendant welcome menu.

I hope you understand the scenario.

Thanks.

Hallo Oscar,

when u need calls to be directed to the huntgroup without waiting for the callers input, u need to configure param-drop-through-option, under the the call queing section.

But u will need to change the voice prompt that tells the callers to press a number to reach a call agent with another that has some kind of advertisement.

The voice prompt is to be given a file name "en_bacd_options_menu.au"

Read the "Setting Up Call-Queue and AA Services" section in "Cisco Unified CME B-ACD and Tcl Call- handling applications" .

get the book from this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40tcl.pdf

check out this configs

application

service queue flash:app-b-acd-2.1.2.2.tcl

param queue-len 10

param aa-hunt1 7597

param aa-hunt2 7598

param queue-manager-debugs 1

param number-of-hunt-grps 2

!

service aa flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2.tcl

param number-of-hunt-grps 1

paramspace english index 1

param drop-through-option 1

param handoff-string aa

paramspace english language en

param max-time-vm-retry 2

param aa-pilot 7599

param max-extension-length 3

paramspace english location flash:

param drop-through-prompt _bacd_options_menu.au

param second-greeting-time 1

param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au

param call-retry-timer 15

param max-time-call-retry 60

param voice-mail 598

param service-name queue

service aa1 flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2.tcl

param number-of-hunt-grps 1

paramspace english index 1

param drop-through-option 2

param handoff-string aa1

paramspace english language en

param max-time-vm-retry 2

param aa-pilot 7598

param max-extension-length 3

paramspace english location flash:

param drop-through-prompt _bacd_options_menu.au

param second-greeting-time 1

param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au

param call-retry-timer 15

param max-time-call-retry 120

param voice-mail 598

param service-name queue

since there is no option of choosing huntgroups, u will need to create a second incoming dial-peer for the second huntgroup. in that scenario u will be having 2 pilot numbers each directed to a particular aa service, i.e aa and aa1

Good luck.

Symon

Hello.

I am interested in this topic too.

So, is it possible to make default option to the b-acd-aa instance when caller can't make choice?

Thank you.

You can check http://www.ciscoscripts.com for my modification that supports that and many more features.

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

I missed one param in official documentation (param menu-timeout). This parameter is that I need.

You will find that in many cases customer wants a time schedule too, that default B-ACD/AA doesn't support

If the customer requires time schedules then you will have to use the

auto attendant service that comes embeded in voicemail module(aim-cue)

regards

symon

On Monday, July 19, 2010, p.bevilacqua

If the customer requires time schedules then you will have to use the

auto attendant service that comes embeded in voicemail module(aim-cue)

regards

Incorrect, my modifications to B-ACD do duspport day and time schedules without the need for CUE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: