Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay before Unity Asks for Password...

Is there a way to insert a delay before Unity answers the call and asks for the user's password? My Unity Answers without ringing most of the time.. I wouldlike it to ring at least once...

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Delay before Unity Asks for Password...

There's various ways of doing this, but it'll actually depend upon the integration type. What do you have? Sounds like CCM, which makes this problems a tough one.

Yes this is CCM 3.3

Cisco Employee

Try slamming this into the [Configuration] section of the switch file (probably Cisco0002.ini)...

DelayBeforeOpening=

This was actually designed for analog DTMF integrations, but I took a peek at the code, and I think it'll still work. It's kinda hard to tell if this is going to put a delay while Unity is ringing or after Unity has answered and before it starts prompts with CCM integration, but you can give it a shot. This will require a Unity restart.

If it works, let me know where the delay showed up. Thanks.

Yes I think might be ok. It added a pause before the Prompt played.. Sometimes it still missed the ring...

Cisco Employee

That's kinda what I thought; a delay after it answered and not a delay before it answered. I think something would have to be added to the AvSkinnyTSP to get this to delay (to get extra rings). You could approach your account team with a feature request for that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content