Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Delay when dialing other IP phones

Hello,

I have an issue here with our CCM 4.1.2 environment. When dialing from an 7940 phone to another (7940 or other model) phone it takes about 5 seconds before the other phone rings. Meanwhile nothing happens, the only thing that shows up in the display is "Choos destination". After this message shows up the number is dailed and the dialed extension rings.

There about 300 devices connected to our ccm. Any ideas whats wrong? Thanks!

5 REPLIES

Re: Delay when dialing other IP phones

Anybody?? Please help!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Bert-Jan,

Have a look at the following;

Cisco CallManager contains a service parameter that enables you to change the interdigit timeout value. You can easily configure this parameter. The default timeout is set to 10 seconds. If you do not modify the settings, the system waits 10 seconds after each digit for a new one to be introduced. Consequently, after the last digit has been inserted, the CallManager routes the call after 10 seconds. You can observe this especially on variable-length dialplan configurations.

From this tech note;

Delay in Call Establishment: Configuring the Interdigit Timeout

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dab26.shtml#solution3

This is an older doc, but it may help;

Supporting Variable Length Dial Plans for Cisco CallManager Route Patterns - an Exercise in Designing a Route Pattern that Covers a National Dial Plan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800945b9.shtml#topic1

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Basicaly,

what Rob means by that is that you probably have overlapping dial plans. If your extensions start with 23XX and you, for example, have a route pattern that starts with 2XXXXX, the system will wait for the interdigit timeout to expire before it places a call.Go to Route Plan and do a search for DNs that start with the number with which your extensions start. If you get something other than just your 4- or 5-digit extensions (whatever you have) then you might be hitting that issue with overlapping dial plans.

Dragi

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Dragi,

Thanks for explaining this so eloquently. I was having a problem forming a sentence at the time (well..... most of the time!). You certainly deserve my 5 points!

Take care,

Rob

For this moment..Thanks guys! I'll let you know if this works..

Views
Helpful
Replies