Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay while recording greetings during enrollment

phampson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a new install of Unity 3.1.5 / Call Manager 3.1.4b.

This is a pilot running on a completely isolated network. There is an NT4.0 domain controller that has user accounts that were created for the pilot (users have never logged into these accounts). Unity has exchange 5.5 on box associated with the users.

When going through the initial enrollment, the user is asked to record their "name". After they finish recording thier name, there is approximately 20 seconds of delay (silence) before Unity asks them to record thier greeting.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using the G729a codec? Sounds like silence detection is not flying (G729a doesn't support silence detection).

You can get around this by terminating the voice name recording with a # (you can always terminate all recordings with a # safely).

Thanks for your reply.

Actually no G729 codec. And we did terminate the recording with #.

On a different subject, it would be great if the enrollment recordings could be updated with instructions to press # after recording.

you terminated the recording with # and it still waiting 20 seconds before moving on?! That's a new one on me...

Actually, I think there are a set of prompts that include instructions for pressing # after every recording event on deck somewhere. I'll ping the prompt folks about it.

As for the prompt that says to terminate the recordings with #, this bug was fixed in the 4.0(1) release that's upcoming. I think it's what you're looking for:

http://wwwin-metrics.cisco.com/cgi-bin/ddtsdisp.cgi?id=CSCdw53540

I have the exact same problem !

Long delays during enrollment.

These delays are not systematic, and they may appear anywhere in the enrollment procedure (not during a sentence, but in between).

Approximatively 10/15 seconds...

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Manuel.

We are still having this issue. Unfortunately Jeff (who normally is a wealth of information) has no ideas.

We have confirmed that the delay is exactly and consistently 16 seconds. It seems to be an issue when trying to write to exchange.

If you get any answers on this, I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Pat.