cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed Answer

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Unity 3.1.2<br>Last week when calling the 1st Unity Port, Unity answered immediately. Now it answers after 4 rings. There are no duplicate extensions set up in the Call Manager. Is there a configuration setting for this? Please advise.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

There could be a few things causing this. When the DN of the first Unity port is dialed, and Unity eventually answers, does the first port really answer? Or did another port answer after the call forwarded to another Unity port. Unity's StatusMonitor can help in determining this. Is Unity reporting any errors/warnings in the event log when this happens?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I found the problem...Thanks for your help. Now the problem is a little deeper. The issue is the 1st VM port says:

Playing greeting for Subscriber: john doe

The problem is that it has been doing this for over 4500 minutes. I tried to reset the port and IE hangs. Thoughts?

Not applicable

That port is locked internally in Unity and probably not due to the TSP. Since the StatusMonitor doesn't release the port, a restart of Unity is probably going to be needed to free it up. You might want to take a close look at the EventVwr for any warnings/errors on that port. If you see a bunch of messages regarding the TSP disconnecting and reconnecting that's going to be a symptom, not the problem.
Go a bit further back in time (if my calculations are correct, 4500 minutes is 6.25 days) and see what errors might show up for that time.

Be prepared to open a TAC case if you haven't already. Port lock troubleshooting is difficult to handle in a forum environment unless it is something that we have seen before.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Great! I will open a TAC case for this too. Thanks for the help. I found the first error:

Component Miu: Thread 0x00000F40 had a Failure on Port 1 in AvWav

DESCRIPTION: e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Miu\UnityAvWav\WAV.C(4688) : Exception caught in Method WavWriteFormatRecordAGC.

Not applicable

In a weird sort of way, you are lucky. We have seen this before, it's CSCdw11833. Looks like it is fixed in 3.1(3).

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: